Do you have dry, curly, and impossibly frizzy hair that you love, but want that straight and sexy look without the commitment of chemically straightening your hair? Here’s how to straighten those curls and tame that frizz in thirty minutes .
- First, wash your hair with a creamy, hydrating shampoo. If you have dry hair, you should stick to a creamy shampoo rather than a gel-based one. A great shampoo that you can find at your local drug store is Pantene Pro-V Relaxed & Natural Intensive Moisturizing Shampoo .
Extra tip: Start with shampooing the roots of the hair and work your way down to the ends.
- After rinsing the shampoo out of your hair, use a nutrient-rich deep conditioner and leave it in your hair for three minutes. The Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner is a great, low-cost option.
Extra tip: After washing all the conditioner out of your hair, do a final rinse with cold water. Cold water helps to eliminate frizz and create more shine.
- While still in the shower, wring as much water out of your hair as possible. When you get out of the shower, towel blot your hair to get rid of excess moisture.
- Condition more. Apply a quarter size of anti-frizz/blow-drying serum throughout hair. A great straightening balm is Phytodéfrisant.
- Separate hair into four sections. Comb through each section and ensure all tangles are gone. The next step might be a little difficult with tangles present . . .
- Blow-dry. Blow-dry each section with a comb attachment. Comb attachments cut the drying time in half and are great for curly and/or coarse hair. You can find comb attachments at any beauty supply store and the best hair dryer with comb attachment. Also, ceramic and ionic blow dryers, which are very popular right now, claim to cut hair drying time by 50% while also minimizing frizz.
- Flat iron. Split your hair back into four sections. Starting from the nape of the neck (just because it’s easiest, but you can start with whichever section you like), straighten your hair with the best titanium flat iron. It’s best to use a little amount of hair between the plates (less than a 1/2 inch thick section) at a time for the best results.
- Use a shine enhancing product throughout your hair as a final touch. A popular one is BioSilk’s Silk product, which is great for all hair types and has amazing benefits such as Repairing split ends and adding incredible shine.
Your hair should now be sleek and straight. If you want to keep this style for more than a day, use a scarf or head wrap over your hair at night when you sleep. Also, don’t forget to use a shower cap when showering!